Welcome to the Consular Services of the Embassy of India, Niamey. Applications for Consular Services (including Passport) excepting Visa can be deposited at the Consular Services counter at the Embassy of India, Niamey, which is open from 0930 hours to 1130 hours on all working days during (Sunday to Thursday). The time for collection of documents etc is 1430 to 1600 hours. Applicants for Consular Services are required to submit their Passports. All original documents must be submitted along with a photocopy.
More information on Consular Services offered at the Embassy of India, Niamey:
a)Direct Attestation of Foreign Public Documents
An Affidavit, Declaration or Power of Attorney to be used in India which has not been authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Hashimite Kingdom of Jordancan be attested at the Consular Counter of the Embassy of India, Niamey. The person needs to bring the documents in original along with a photocopy, valid passport and the requisite fees directly to the Consular Counter of the Embassy of India, Niamey. In case of Power of Attorney a photograph (s) of the executant (s) is required. The executant is to sign the documents in the presence of the Consular Officer.
All Company documents which are duly notarised and then legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Hashimite Kingdom of Jordanshould be submitted in person along with passport copy of one of the Directors of the company and the requisite fees for attestation of documents by the Embassy of India, Niamey.
c)Documents issued by Indian Authorities
Birth, Death, Marriage and Educational Certificates etc. issued by the Indian authorities in India can also be attested by the Embassy of India, Niamey provided the same have been authenticated by the Consular Section of Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Patiala House, New Delhi-110001 or Branch Secretariat of Ministry of External Affairs, Kolkata.
1. For a child born in the Jordan to be registered as an Indian citizen the application must be made online. For detail information applicants are requested to visit the website of Ministry of Home Affairs http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in
2. Go to Ministry of Home Affairs website by typing in address of web browser http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/Ic_Form_Public.aspx
3. The applicant after accessing the above mentioned website shall select one from the list of Section/Form (For Registration of birth of a minor child at an Indian Consulate under Section 4(1) of the citizenship act, 1955)
4) Click 'Apply Online' button to fill up the form.
5) As soon as the form is submitted, a MHA File number will be generated automatically and will appear on the screen as an acknowledgement. The applicants are advised to keep the MHA File Number for further correspondence and online status tracking.
6) Applicant has to take the print out of filled up online application by clicking the Print application tab from the main menu.
7) After clicking on Print application tab from the main menu the applicant has to enter his/her MHA File Number and date of Birth as an identity to access the submitted application. A PDF application form shall be displayed with an option of pasting applicant's recent passport size photograph.
Recent passport size photograph of the applicant is to be affixed on each form in the prescribed space. Photograph to be affixed on the application should be of square shape of size not less than 35*35 mm (with 80% coverage by face). It should have light colour background (not white) without border with front view of person's head and shoulders showing the full face in the middle of the photograph. It should not be stapled and should not have any signature. Photographs that do not conform to these standards will be rejected and may cause a delay in processing the applications.
8) The applicant shall take the print out of the application submitted by them. He/ she is required to put his Signature/Thumb impression at the designated signature box.
* A person who has not attained the age of 18 years is considered as minor. Parents /guardians must sign in the column prescribed for them in the form.
9) The signed hard copy of the online application along with requisite supporting documents for grant of citizenship is to be submitted in triplicate to the Consular Department of the Embassy of India, Niamey.
The Consular department of Embassy of India, Niamey will validate and upload the scanned copy of the documents enclosed with the application form.
10) If the application is made within one year of birth of child as per above-mentioned process and subject to completing the eligibility criteria as per Ministry of Home Affairs regulation, the Embassy of India, Niamey shall do the birth registration and provide the Indian citizenship.
In case, in which application is made after one year of birth of child, the process is same, however applications will be forwarded to Ministry of Home Affairs for their approval. Thereafter, on receipt of approval of Ministry of Home Affairs, the Embassy of India, Niamey will register the birth of the child as an Indian citizen.
11) In case, application is made within one year of birth of child, the Fee is Click Here
12) The eligibility criteria and required documents to apply for registration of Birth of Minor child under section 4(1) of the Citizenship Act 1955, the following documents are to be annexed with the application
Note: The applicants are advised to go through the provisions of India Citizenship Act, 1955 and the rules framed there under before submitting the application for grant of Indian Citizenship.
Police clearance certificates (PCC)
You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate on the prescribed form.
Life certificates for Pensioners
To obtain a Life certificate from the Embassy of India, Niamey the personal appearance of the applicant is usually necessary at the Embassy of India, Niamey. The applicant needs to bring his/her passport to establish identity. The fee for this service is Click here. In case you cannot come to Embassy of India, Niamey for any reason, you would be required to send a certificate from Doctor/GP stating that you were alive on a given date. On the basis of your Doctor/GP's certificate we will issue a certificate stating that according to your Doctor's certificate you were alive on a given date.
Certificate for transporting dead bodies to India
The Embassy of India, Niamey issues a certificate to enable transport of a dead body to India. For this the applicant needs to provide the deceased's death certificate, the Coroner's "Out of Jordan Order", a doctor's "Free from Infection Certificate", an embalming certificate and a certificate from the undertaker confirming that the body has been packed in accordance with international regulations. Photocopies of all these documents are also required. The service is rendered Gratis.
Ashes/human remains certificates
The Embassy of India, Niamey issues a certificate to enable transport of human Ashes to India. To obtain this certificate you are required to submit the deceased's death certificate, cremation certificate and a certificate from the undertaker confirming that the urn contains ashes of the deceased person. Photocopies of these documents are also required. The service is rendered 'Gratis'.
Fee for Consular Services
For the fee structure of the various consular services offered by the Embassy of India, Niamey Click here
Notice for empanellement of NGO under the MOIA scheme
Empanelment of credible Indian Women's Organizations/Indian Community Associations/NGO for counselling and legal services to Indian Women deserted by their Jordanian based Spouses.
Emergency Relief for distressed Indian nationals
Embassy of India, Niamey offers subject to eligibility following Emergency Relief to distressed/financially challenged Indian nationals. Click here to download in Document