Embassy of India, in Niamey will switch over to Online Visa Application submission system with effect from 12 June 2014.All visa applicants are requested to fill up the online visa application at the link (http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/).
Online visa applications can be filled anytime and from anywhere with an internet connection. Under this system, applicants will enter the information in the online form available at the above mentioned website and upload the photograph.Thereafter the applicant should take a printout of the filled form generated in pdf format, sign the computer generated form and bring it to the Embassy along with accompanying documents and visa fee. Those applicants who are not able to upload the photograph should affix the photograph on the form generated in pdf format before bringing it to the Embassy.
Please also note the following:
- The Embassy reserves the right to refuse visa without assigning any reason or to issue visa of a shorter duration than requested.
- All foreign nationals, including children, must have a valid visa on passport to enter India. It is not sufficient that a child is registered in the passport of one of its parents
- The Embassy of India, Niamey would accept applications of only those who are resident in Niger.
General Requirements for Visa:
- All visa applicants must come to Embassy personally for finger-printing
- Original passport should be valid for at least 4 more months than the period of visa required.
- Visa fee is to be paid by cash at the Visa Counter in the Embassy in local currency (FCFA)
- A valid "Yellow Fever Certificate" is mandatory for obtaining visa. A copy of the certificate should be enclosed with the visa application form.
- There may be additional requirement depending upon the type of visa applied.
- Visa fee is non-refundable.
- The Embassy normally requires 2-3 working days to issue Tourist and Business Visas to Niger nationals. For other nationals, resident in Niger, it usually takes one week but it may vary from case to case. For Niger passport holders originating from certain foreign countries, it takes more time. Applicants are therefore advised to apply for the Visa well in time.
- Please do not finalize your travel arrangements to India before obtaining the requisite visa.
- The duration of validity for all types of visa starts from the date of issue.
WORKING HOURS FOR VISA APPLICANTS:
- To submit applications: Monday to Friday, 1030 to 1230 hours
- No Visa Services are offered on Weekends and Holidays (list of holiday is available on this website).
- To collect passports/documents: Monday to Friday,1630 - 1700 hours on the date indicated on the receipt issued to the applicant.
Fees for visa service are accepted in cash in CFA only at the Embassy.
For any clarification or further information, please call on number 20370029/30 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While collecting the passports with visa, please check that all the details entered in the visa are correct. Any discrepancy should be brought to the notice of the Visa Officer then and there only. No requests will be entertained once the applicant has left the Embassy after receiving his or her visa.
ADVISORY:REGISTRATION WITH FOREIGNERS REGISTRATION OFFICE (FRO)/FOREIGNERS REGIONAL REGISTRATION OFFICE (FRRO)
Persons of Indian origin holding multiple entry X-visas for visiting India to meet relatives or for social purposes, are required to register with the FRO/FRRO within 14 days of first arrival in India only if they intend to stay continuously for more than six months. This registration is required during the first visit after the visa is issued. Subsequent travels using the same visa do not require registration. Children below the age of 16 years are exempt from this requirement. All other visitors to India, including those of Indian origin, holding any other category of visa valid for more than six months should register with the FRO/FRRO within 14 days of arrival in India.